FUTFS offers a range of counselling services for those in distress or in need
of emotional support.
- Telephone counselling (24-hour distress line): A trained counsellor is
available at (416) 241-5456, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to listen to and
provide emotional support to those who may be experiencing grief, loneliness,
illness, conflict or other crisis in their lives or in the lives of a loved
one. Your anonymity is guaranteed.
- Individual counselling: In individual counselling sessions, the client has
the opportunity to talk through any difficulties that they may be experiencing
with respect to family, work or school. The counsellor and client will together
attempt to find solutions to overcome the problems or address coping strategies
through discussions and realistic plans of action.
- Family counselling: Our family counselling sessions are designed
o Improve parent-teen relationships
o Build strong family relations
o Deal with addictions
o Teach coping skills
o Add to existing parenting skills
o Adjust to the death or birth of a family member
- Group counselling: In group counselling sessions, individuals are invited to
share his or her thoughts and stories with a group of peers who have similar
concerns. A trained counsellor will guide the group through the common problems
and attempt to find healthy, positive means to resolve them. Group settings
also allow for interactions between group members which can serve as important
mechanisms for emotional release and healing.
- Outreach counselling services: We also offer our counselling services through
outreach. Our counselling staff can travel outside of our offices to provide
services to clients that encounter access barriers of any kind. We can also
accompany clients to various locations to provide moral support and/or to act
- Problem Gambling Project with CAMH : Gambling means risking something of value when there is an element of chance associated with an outcome. If someone is classified as a problem gambler, it means he or she has patterned gambling behaviors that may compromise, disrupt or damage family, personal, employment or educational pursuits. A trained counsellor is available for those experiencing any signs of problem gambling at 1-877-210-8877 (FUTFS)